Fear thou not, for I am with you: be not dismayed; for I am your God: I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with the right hand of My righteousness. Isaiah 41:10



*The purpose of my blog is to journal and post photos for my husband. I also use it as an outlet and to put a positive spin on my day.*


Sunday, February 20, 2011

What I Love About Sundays....

There is nothing more refreshing and fulfilling to me than to go into the Lord's house and get my mind, body and spirit completely full of His word.  Sunday is when I get completely fed spiritually and get my heart and mind prepared for the week.  Then, I get that pick-me-up mid week!

In our Love and Respect Class, I have learned a lot about why my husband and I communicate the way we do.  I pray that I will learn so much from this and take it to do nothing but make our marriage better than it already is!

1)   Sometimes, when I am talking to my husband about something, I'm not necessarily wanting a solution, but just a listening ear.  Sometimes a woman needs to talk just to release her feelings.

 2)  Sometimes when your husband just wants to "drop it"...it's not that he is avoiding anything, it is simply an honorable request.

3)  It is easier for a Soldier to suit up for war then to turn to his wife and admit that he is wrong.  (My husband agreed 100%).  

4)  A wife doesn't mean to "mother" her husband.  It's her way of  "nurturing" and making sure that everything is okay.  It is reassurance to her. 

5) Love best motivates a woman.  And Respect most powerfully motivates a man. 

It all comes down to how God made us.  Is it that neither are wrong, just different?  A man and woman are as different as pink and blue!!  We just have to learn how to care for each others needs and feelings.

Now, I can brag.....my husband does so many things that maybe aren't in his nature, he is just being a man of honor.  Because he cares about  my feelings.   I love you, honey!  <3

However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.  Ephesians 5:33

In our worship service, we talked about being willing vessels and that God can use anyone, anywhere for His Glory.

God only asks us to do one thing- and that is to Be Faithful.  Then, he will multiply it.  

Saturate the ground with prayer. Beforehand, throw out plentiful seeds.

Then, he told them many things in parables, saying: "A farmer went out to sow his seed along the path, and the birds came and ate it up.  Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil.  It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow.  But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched and they withered because they had no root.  Other seed fell among the thorns which grew up and choked the plants.  Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop- a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.  He who has ears, let them hear."  Matthew 13:3-9

"It is not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived". -Helen Walton

My husband reminded me the other day, that it is also God's instruction that we fellowship with our Brothers and Sisters in Christ.....  






 
   And this.....Is What I Love About Sundays!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED the Love and Respect study! It was by far the best marriage study we've done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving it too...and taking LOTS of notes!!! =)

    ReplyDelete