I had a wonderful time at the ladies retreat this weekend, but I missed the boys terribly! My world revolves around them and it is hard for me to relax without them sometimes. It absolutely ripped my heart out to miss their soccer games, but I heard they played their hearts out. I prayed a lot about my lack of patience and compassion and God reminded me that it's almost over. This time last year, I got up in front of the church and said that my husband was leaving in 5 weeks for a year and I prayed God would use me in some way during it. Here we are, the same weekend a year later and with a lot of faith in God and His amazing grace, it is almost over! I hope that I affected someone in a positive way somehow during this.
When I look at these pictures, I see lots and lots of love and memories. I was talking to some of the ladies this weekend about how much more respect you have for your parents after you become one yourself. I love to see and hear about things my family does with the boys that we did when I was a child, too.
They painted hay bales, carved jack-o-lanterns, painted and carved cans, decorated the front porch and I also heard they may have sat on the porch one night and hunted skunks! =)=)
Looks like they had a great time. I know we did too!
ReplyDelete