Saturday morning, at a tree house meeting,
in our back yard;
Over Kool-aid and crackers, you could hear through the laughter;
Just how smart they are.
With crayons, they wrote down the things they believe,
Oh the wisdom in first grade philosophy.
Love lasts forever, mom and daddy's stay together,
cheaters never win, and a promise is something you keep,
It's bad to lie and it's okay to cry,
Dreams never die and faith is all you need,
Ain't it crazy what children believe?
Sometimes I wish I didn't know, what I didn't know then
My world was so small, back before all of this trouble we're in
When right and wrong mattered, and truth was in style
And hope could be seen through the eyes of a child
A world without hate- where people still cared,
What a wonderful place this would be, if we lived where-
Love lasts forever, mom and daddy's stay together,
cheaters never win, and a promise is something you keep,
It's bad to lie and it's okay to cry,
Dreams never die and faith is all you need
Ain't it crazy what children believe?
There is nothing more precious than the innocence and faith of a child...


AMEN! I wish things were still that way. The world is such a tough place and I hate the fact that I can't shelter Ruthie from it. I have to have faith that God will guide her through it and USE her.
ReplyDelete