Fear thou not, for I am with you: be not dismayed; for I am your God: I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with the right hand of My righteousness. Isaiah 41:10



*The purpose of my blog is to journal and post photos for my husband. I also use it as an outlet and to put a positive spin on my day.*


Thursday, June 2, 2011

Just journaling some thoughts....

Today marks 6 months that we stood at Camp Robinson, waving our flags telling Daddy "see you soon."  We don't like to say "goodbye" in our house.  Today also marks the halfway point of our second deployment.  I never thought I would go through that once, let alone twice.  But, that is where God put us and here are some things I've learned through our journeys...

1.  I am stronger than I ever thought possible

2.  My husband could not have a more rewarding job

3.  I would never, ever make it without my church family.  Ever.

4.  I have the worst neighbors

5.  Distance does make the heart grow closer

6.  My boys are much stronger than me 

7.  If you do not have God, you will turn to other things

8.  People don't understand that being in the military is a Calling 

9.  "Hurry up and wait" is just our way of life

10.  Most people can't sympathize, let alone empathize 

11.  My parents are the absolute best

12.  Someone will always let you down

13.  Your marriage can most definitely grow stronger 7000 miles away from each other

14.  Your day isn't complete until you hear that voice on the other end of the line 

15.  Days go by really fast- Months do not

16.  Everyone should go through a deployment at some point in their life

17.  Sometimes, the military and my husbands morals clash.

18.  People are beyond lazy 

19.  Your life can change in a millisecond

20.  God really doesn't put more on you than you can handle

21.  There are no bad days, but bad moments 

22.  Your cell phone becomes your "other half"

23.  I wouldn't change my life for anything 

24.  Skype is the best thing ever invented!

25.  God will always prevail!

No comments:

Post a Comment